In October 2017, Carlson Rezidor announced the signing of a deal to manage a 218-room luxury hotel to be located within a mixed-use real estate development in Abuja, known as “The Heart of the City”. The development is to be located within Abuja’s Central Business District, and will comprise various other components including a hospital, retail, and a national park. The brand under which the proposed hotel will operate has not been announced, but the development, which will be named Aso Towers Hotel & Residence Abuja will have the following features:
- 218 Standard, Deluxe, Executive & Presidential Rooms
- 24 Studios, 48 Two Bedrooms, & 12 Three Bedroom Apartments
- Three Restaurants – All-day Dining, Specialty & Destination
- Three Bars – Lobby, Pool & Sky Bars
- Business Class & Residence Lounges
- Wellness Spa & Gym
- Swimming Pool, Pool Terrace
- Kids’ Pool & Playground
- Ballroom & Pre-function Area, Conference/Meeting Room, Four Boardrooms
- Business Center
The development will have two towers, the hotel tower will go up to 29 stories, while the tower with the residential apartments will go up to 18 stories. The project will be located within 30 minutes’ drive of the Abuja International Airport.
The urban design for the development is being provided by South Africa-based Ngonyama Okpanum & Associates. The project is being promoted by Chicason Group, who had signed a partnership agreement with the Federal Capital Territory Administration during the previous government administration.