- Name: AXA Mansard Insurance HQ/Santa Clara Court Extension;
- Location: Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos – Nigeria;
- Developer: AXA Mansard Insurance;
- Use: Office;
- Floors: 3;
- Architect: The Architects Collective;
- Main Contractor:The Architects Collective;
- Structural Engineer:EMMS-UFA Engineering Consult;
- Mechanical & Electrical Consultant: Powerfield Consulting Limited;
- Quantity Surveyor: Cost Engineering Consultants.
AXA Mansard Insurance is currently extending their HQ on Ahmadu Bello Way in Victoria Island with a 3 floor annex located beside their existing property. The Architects Collective are the architects and main contractors for the project, while UF-A, the consultants behind Seattle Court, LSDPC Car Park at Falomo and Pier Point are acting as the structural engineers.
The insurance sector has acted as a relatively silent driver for the Nigerian office market by way of development and leasing activity in recent periods. Ensure Insurance (acquired by Allianz) and Zenith Insurance recently leased space at Xylo and Civic Centre Tower respectively. In terms of development, Leadway, WAPIC, NEM and AXA Mansard Insurance are among the major insurance companies that have completed greenfield projects of approximately 5,000sqm (on average) in the past 5 years. Unlike the other companies, AXA Mansard, who developed Mansard Place through a joint venture with African Capital Alliance, did not occupy their prime office development but chose to remain at their office on Ahmadu Bello way instead. As global players such as Allianz and Prudential enter the Nigerian insurance market, expansion will be key to ensure that growth achieved by AXA Mansard so far will be sustained.