- Name: Credit Direct Limited HQ;
- Address: 48Isaac John Street, Ikeja GRA – Lagos;
- Gross Area: 4,000sqm (adjustments being made);
- Contractor: CT Hi-Tech Construction Works Limited;
- Architect: NLE Works, MOE+ Art Architecture;
- Structural Engineer: Pinconsult Associates;
- Cost Consultant: Folmak Partnership;
- MEP Engineer: Consultants Collaborative Partnership.
- Published: August 2016. Updated: June 2018.
The Credit Direct Limited or CDL HQ is a commercial office development located on Isaac John Street in Ikeja GRA, Lagos. It is anchored by Credit Direct Limited, a growing microfinance bank in Nigeria that provides microcredit to low to medium income earners, which currently operates as a subsidiary of First City Monument Bank.
The architects behind the development, NLE Works and MOE+ Art Architecture, intend on redefining the conventional notion of a bank building as a closed and private institution, by creating a more approachable, open and civic space. For this project, CT Hi-Tech Construction Works Limited are main contractors and Consultants Collaborative Partnership will be the MEP Engineers.
The ground floor comprises of an auditorium, entrance lobby and service block while the top floors with more private functions will have a transparent envelope that increases natural light and ventilation. The envelope is protected by a generous folded roof plate that also harvests rainwater.
According to the architects, the distinct spaces in the building are connected in a continuous loop that starts with a lush garden on the ground level leading up to a roof garden via an open walkway, connecting the various functions and providing direct access to the restaurant café.
The building is now fully leased with the support of Troloppe Property Services.