- Name: Federal Inland Revenue Service Headquarters;
- Location: Central Business District;
- Developer: Federal Inland Revenue Service;
- Architects: ATO Architects;
- Contractor: BNL Engineering and Construction Limited (Bouygues);
- Site Area: 81,000m2. Building Footprint – 63,000m2;
- Size: Not Specified.
- Cost: N39.2Billion;
- Height: 86 metres;
- Floors: 17 Storey;
- Project Manager: Courtney Michel Partnership Nigeria Limited;
- Quantity Surveyors: Sea Surveyors Limited;
- Structural Engineer: IAA Associates Limited;
- Electrical Engineer: Molecular Consultants and Associates;
- Mechanical Engineer: Unecon Associates Limited;
- Service subcontractor: NAIRDA;
- Parking Bays: 400 – 450 in total;
- Additional Amenities: Welcome centre, helipad, gymnasium, fire station, security station, auditorium and other auxiliary facilities;
- Published: April 2016; Updated: July 2019;
- Expected Completion: Not Specified.
The FIRS Headquarters is a 17-storey office tower located on Kur Mohammed Avenue in the Central Business District of FCT. Construction began in 2015 and the building is currently being clad. ATO Architects who designed the tower reported the building to cost ₦39.2Billion as at August, 2014 and comprise of three towers joined at the centre. According to the architect, all three towers will be built on a podium with a 63,000m2 footprint that includes a multi-storey car park, gymnasium, clinic and also religious facilities.
Unlike other abandoned large government projects in Abuja, progress on the FIRS HQ, though slow, has been consistent proving better commitment from the government. Others such as The National Library and Abuja Millenium Tower have been placed on hold after estimated contract values of ₦50 billion and ₦38.2 billion respectively for their completion. Although the building is quite large, it is not certain if there will be other tenants. However, other properties such as BOI house currently lease out space to other tenants.
BNL Engineering and Construction Limited (Bouygues) is serving as the main contractor. Other members of the project team include Courtney Michel Partnership Nigeria Limited, NAIRDA, Sea Surveyors Limited, Molecular, Unecon, IAA Associates and more.