- Name: Federal Inland Revenue Service Headquarters;
- Location: Central Business District;
- Developer: Federal Inland Revenue Service;
- Architects: ATO Architects;
- Contractor: BNL Engineering and Construction Limited (Bouygues);
- Site Area: 81,000m2. Building Footprint – 63,000m2;
- Size: Not Specified.
- Cost: N39.2Billion;
- Height: 86 metres;
- Floors: 17 Storey;
- Project Manager: Courtney Michel Partnership Nigeria Limited;
- Quantity Surveyors: Sea Surveyors Limited;
- Structural Engineer: IAA Associates Limited;
- Electrical Engineer: Molecular Consultants and Associates;
- Mechanical Engineer: Unecon Associates Limited;
- Service sub contractor: NAIRDA;
- Parking Bays: 400 – 450 in total;
- Additional Amenities: Welcome centre, helipad, gymnasium, fire station, security station, auditorium and other auxiliary facilities;
- Published: April 2016; Updated: December 2017;
- Expected Completion: Not Specified.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria is developing a 17-storey office tower in the Central Business District of Abuja to serve as its new headquarters. The FIRS is responsible for collecting and accounting for the various taxes to the Federal Government.
Their new headquarters, which was designed by ATO Architects will comprise of three towers joined at the centre. According to the architect, all three towers will be built on a podium with a 63,000m2 footprint that includes a multi-storey car park, gymnasium, clinic and also religious facilities. The site area for the development is 81,000m2 and car parking spaces for 400 – 450 cars will be provided.
Construction is already ongoing with BNL Engineering and Construction Limited (Bouygues) serving as the main contractor. Other members of the project team include Courtney Michel Partnership Nigeria Limited, NAIRDA, Sea Surveyors Limited, Molecular, Unecon, IAA Associates and more.
A completion date has not been specified, however, given the scale of this project we estimate that it will be finished in late 2018 or in early 2019.