- Name: Hotel Project;
- Address: Corner of Ojora and Onitolo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos – Nigeria;
- Use: Hospitality;
- Keys: 200;
- Features: Banquet Hall, Rooftop bar and swimming pool, Fitness Centre and Spa;
- Parking: 300 bays;
- Floors: 7;
- Developer: Tom Hawksworth Limited;
- Architects: Design Group Nigeria;
- Project Managers: Design Group Nigeria;
- Structural Engineers: Jubas & Company Limited;
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineers: Avantis Integrated Consulting;
- Main Contractor: Vita Construction Limited;
- Quantity Surveyor: BQC Consultants Limited;
- Electromechanical Contractor: Nairda.
Tom Hawksworth Limited is currently developing a 7 floor hotel located at the corner of Ojora and Onitolo Road in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Even though the operator for the hotel is yet to be disclosed, the developers have indicated that the hotel will have 200 rooms, include a 500 seater banquet hall and up to 300 car parking bays through basement and surface parking. Among other features, there will also be a rooftop bar and swimming pool as well as a fitness centre and spa.
Tom Hawksworth Limited is an Abuja-based property developer created to invest and develop property in Nigeria. Design Group designed the hotel and will be project managing, while Vita Construction was selected as the main contractor for the project.
The Wheatbaker Hotel, a boutique luxury hotel with just under 70 rooms, is located directly opposite this development and rates for a standard room at the hotel are typically north of $400/night. Rates charged by many hotels in Lagos are relatively high and average occupancy levels have been quite low over the past 24 months, typically ranging between 30% and 40%.