- Name: Lagos State Medical Park (Medipark);
- Location: Awolowo Road Ikoyi, with access from Obadeyi Close;
- Site Area: 18,750.15sqm;
- Beds: 180;
- Said Cost: N49bn;
- Developer: Public Private Partnership with Mediapark International Limited Consortium and Ibile Holdings (Investment Company of The Lagos State Government).
- Project Team and other Sponsors:
- Capstone Global Partners;
- Geelhoed Engineering;
- Association of Nigerian Physicians in the America’s;
- Nigerian Nurses Association of USA Inc.;
- Prospect Medical Holdings;
- Saint Barnabas Healthcare System.
- Architect: AO Associates.
Medipark Lagos is a 180-bed hospital that was conceived through a public private partnership with a consortium of investors and Ibile Holdings. The consortium is called the Medipark International Limited Consortium and is made up of Medipark International Limited, Cleveland Clinics Ohio – USA, St. Barnabas Healthcare System and the American Hospital Management Company.
The new hospital will be located on Awolowo Road with access from Obadeyi Close and developed on a 18,750.15sqm site with existing structures that were previously used as the Lagos State School of Nursing. All the structures on this site will be demolished except the 12 story tower (see map and image below), which will be retained and renovated to form part of the new hospital.
According to the Lagos State Government, the new facility will cost a whopping N49bn and is expected to offer the ‘full spectrum of excellent quality high technology cutting – edge medical and diagnostic services’. A definitive timeline has not been published, however the State announced that the project would take 20 months to complete in May 2016. Construction is yet to start.