Published: January 2015; Updated: June 2016.
- Name: Lekki Mall;
- Location: Corner of the Lekki-Epe Expressway and Cardinal Olubunmi Okojie Way, Sangotedo, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos;
- Use: Retail;
- Size: 22,000sqm (100 Shops);
- Anchor Tenants: Shoprite, Game;
- Sponsor: Novare Africa Property Fund;
- Project Managers: Mayibentsha Property Developers Nigeria
- Architects: Fembuild Concept Limited, Steyn le roux truter;
- Main Contractors: Monterosa Construction Ltd,
- Quantity Surveyors: Best Africa, Austin Onara & Associates;
- Civil/Structural Engineers: Consulting Engineers, Sanni, Ojo & Partners;
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineers: Aurecon;
- Fire Engineers: Aurecon;
- Parking bays: 1,000;
- Expected Opening: Q3:2016.
Lekki Mall is a new retail development by the Novare Africa Property Fund, which is located in Sangotedo at the corner of the Lekki-Epe Expressway and Cardinal Olubunmi Okojie Way.
It is being built by Monterosa Construction and completion has been slated for July/Q3:2016. Though the mall is roughly the same size as Ikeja City Mall at 22,000sqm, the single level design may make the mall appear slightly larger. Some of the tenants already signed up include Enzzo, Black up, Lacoste, Adidas, Genesis Deluxe Cinemas, KFC, and Wrangler. Retail giants Shoprite and Game will be the anchor tenants. It will have 100 shops and 1,000 open parking bays. See a more robust list of the tenants in the mall here.
Lekki Mall is well located in a catchment area that is rich in residential clusters and estates. Crown Estate, Fara Park, multiple estates owned by CMB Nigeria, Lagos State Housing Schemes, Grenadines Homes, Emperor Estate, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Fountain Springville Estate, Abijo are just a few among the many clusters nearby. On completion, the mall will have a huge impact on the Lekki submarket because of the absence of any other mall of its kind within a 20km radius.
Other estates and projects nearby and further down the expressway include the Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate, Lekki and Lagos Free Zones, the new Airport and seaports as well as the planned 4th mainland bridge.