- Project Name: Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) Lekki Training Office Building;
- Developer: Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC);
- Use: Mixed-use;
- Location: C & I Leasing Drive, off Bisola Durosinmi Etti Drive, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos;
- Main Contractor: AG Ferrero and Co Limited;
- Structural Engineer: Ad -Team Limited;
- MEP Engineer: Integrated Engineering Associates;
- Architect: Liege Consultants;
- Land Area: 4,000sqm;
- Expected Completion Date: 2020.
The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) is currently developing a 12-floor facility for the NDIC Academy in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos. The multi-purpose building will comprise offices, a training center and a number of residential apartments.
The NDIC Academy, which is the center for deposit insurance system training & education, is a regional learning center designed for building capacity in the field of deposit insurance systems and financial safety-net issues.
According to the NDIC Academy, the building is being completed on a 4,000sqm plot of land. The academy comprises of 9 floors, 6 classrooms, a library, a hall for about 300 people and other modern training facilities.
The residential facilities will include suites of 51 rooms, guest rooms, and other support facilities. The building will also be partly powered by solar energy and recycle wastewater. The ground and first floor doors and windows will be shatterproof to protect them against the impact of explosions.
Other features include an auditorium, syndicate rooms, a cafeteria, a gym, and a creche.
AG Ferrero and Co Limited, the main contractor of this project, is also the contractor undertaking the redevelopment of Alagbon Towers in Ikoyi. The training center is the second development by the NDIC in Lagos as they are currently building a new headquarters on Glover Road in Ikoyi.