Published: December 2015; Updated: June 2016.
- Name: Oasis Centre
- Location: Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja – Lagos
- Use: Retail and Hospitality
- Retail GLA: 6,100sqm
- Number of Hotel Rooms: 200
- Floors: 7
- Parking: 240
- Other facilities: Meeting Rooms, Gym, Spa/Sauna and an Infinity Swimming Pool
- Development Team: Mall D’ Oasis Shopping Centre Limited – (Harps, The Nigeria Police Cooperative Multipurpose Society Ltd (POLCOOP), Denver Building)
- Architect: LYT Architecture
- Contractor: Denver Building Services Limited;
- Project Managers: Profica
- Status: Under Construction
- Expected Completion: 2017/2018
The Oasis Centre is a mixed use scheme with retail and hospitality elements currently under construction on Mobolaji Bank Anthony way in Ikeja. The centre will offer 6,100sqm of leasable retail space, spread evenly across the ground and first floor. Above that, there will be a 200 room hotel, which is expected to be managed by an international brand.
Other facilities such as meeting rooms, gym, spa/sauna, infinity pool are included in this project along with an exclusive rooftop lounge and bar for hotel use only.
The developers of the Oasis Centre are a commercial development company called Mall D’Oasis Shopping Centre Limited, who hold and manage the brand name “Oasis”. They are keen on creating a one stop destination for shopping, fashion, restaurants, hotel accommodation, and other things in between. Their partners for this project include The Nigeria Police Cooperative Multipurpose Society Ltd, Denver Building and Harps.
The centre is located in very close proximity with well known hotels including the Sheraton Ikeja and Protea Hotel Ikeja. Depending on the building specification of hotel rooms at the Oasis Centre, this 200-room addition to supply should create a more competition environment in this region.
From a retail perspective, the only other modern shopping mall in Ikeja is Ikeja City Mall, a 22,000sqm mall which was recently acquired by South African investors. However, Purple Capital, a locally based investor intend on changing this with their flagship retail development – Maryland Mall, a 7,000sqm retail centre on Ikorodu road nearby. Maryland Mall is scheduled for completion in Q2:2016.
The Oasis Centre has been under construction for over a year now and estimated completion is in 2016 or early 2017.