Published: October 2015; Updated: June 2018.
- Name: Desiderata;
- Address: Plot 5A Abuja Street – Banana Island;
- Developer: Funtierra Limited;
- Size: 4,654sqm (50,000 sq. ft.);
- Location: Plot 5A Abuja Street, Banana Island, Ikoyi – Lagos;
- Architects: AWW Architects, Delano Architects;
- Main Contractor: Monterosa Construction Ltd;
- Project Manager: Courtney Michael Nigeria Partnership;
- Structural Engineer: MOA Partnership;
- Quantity Surveyor: Sea Surveyors;
- Piling Contractor: Foundation Construction Ltd;
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineers: Hydrock, Alliance Engineering Consultants;
- Sub Contractor: Lambert;
- Floors: 9.
Desiderata is a small commercial office development on Abuja Street in Banana Island which will offer ±4,700sqm (50,000sq. ft) of prime office space. The office space will be available on 7 floors, above a reception area and 2 floors of car parking. It is being developed by Funtierra Limited.
Though Banana Island is still largely a residential region, large office developments such as the Airtel HQ/Adunola House, Lakepoint Towers are adding to its commercial real estate offering. Monterossa Construction, the contractor for Lakepoint Towers, is also the main contractor for this project. Other members of the project team include Lambert, MOA Partnership, Hydrock and Sea Surveyors among others.
According to the AWW, the London based architect who designed it in collaboration with Delano Architects, the building services strategy was informed by a comprehensive thermal modelling exercise, which concluded that a VRF system would most effectively respond to the challenging climate.