- Name: The Union;
- Address: Castle Road, West Ridge Area, Accra Ghana;
- Size: 11,909m² (excluding – 4th Floor Deck);
- Floor Plate Size: 1,510m²;
- Use: Office & Retail;
- Floors: 12;
- Developer: Momentum Africa Real Estate Fund (MAREF);
- Project Duration: Jun 2016 – Jan 2018;
- Cost: $43 million;
- Development Managers: Eris Property Group;
- Project Managers: GHC Africa;
- Architects: Boogertman & Partners, Local Partner – MultiCad;
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineers: CKR;
- Structural Engineers: HBS Africa;
- Quantity Surveyors: Del QS;
- Parking Bays: 424 Bays, 4 per 100m².
The Union is a new office development in the commercial region of West Ridge in Accra Ghana. It is being developed by the Momentum Africa Real Estate Fund and Eris Property Group is the Development Manager for the project.
The Union will offer 11,909m² of leasable space and 424 parking bays spread over 12 floors. The total lettable area is split into 10,569m² (88.74%) for office, 245m² (2.06%) for retail, and 300m² (2.52%) for a bookshop situated beside the lobby. It was designed by Boogertman & Partners and MultiCad and will cost $43 million to complete. Completion is slated for January 2018, and similar to the developers other Ghana office development, it is already 70% pre-let to 4 large corporate tenants in the banking, corporate advisory, insurance and energy sectors.
Approximately 7km from the Kotoka International Airport, the project site is at the intersection of the Kanda Highway and Castle Road, offering visibility along 2 main roads and access in every direction. When completed, the project will be a modern Grade A+ finish designed to meet the 4-star rating of the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA).
West Ridge once the first choice for residential apartments in Ghana, however it has transformed into a commercial node. It is home to organisations and firms such as the Ghana Stock Exchange, the African and Agricultural Development Bank and many bank HQs. Average rents for Grade A buildings in Accra typically range between $35-$40/m²/month on the average.