- Name: The White Orchid House;
- Developer: White Orchid Hospitality Limited;
- Location: Adetokunbo Ademola Street;
- Use: Entertainment and Leisure Centre;
- Number of Rooms: 20 Keys;
- Architect: Consultants Collaborative Partnership;
- Aluminium Contractor: EBM Systems;
- MEP Engineer: Emtech Nigeria;
- Quantity Surveyors: Complete Cost;
- Date Added to List of Ongoing Projects: Q3:2018;
- Expected Completion: Year End 2019.
The White Orchid House is an entertainment and leisure centre located on Adetokunbo Ademola Street in Victoria Island. It is the latest addition to the trend that has seen development interest shift from standard retail or office facilities towards leisure and experiential centres. New facilities in this segment include Rufus and Bee at The Twin Waters Entertainment Centre or The Upbeat Centre. The expectation is that after basic fundamentals spending on groceries, health etc. is completed, consumers may be more willing to spend income on experiences in lieu of luxury items.
The property was designed by Consultants Collaborative Partnership and is being developed by White Orchid House Limited. Construction, which commenced during 2018 has been relatively rapid and completion is expected later in the year. According to the architect, it will offer:
- 5 luxury cinema screens,
- 20 key boutique hotel,
- Bars and lounges,
- Swimming pool,
- Multipurpose hall.
CCP explains that the design concept inspiration is drawn from the green environment starting from the leafy shape of the curtain wall, coupled with the intentional use of green tinted glass and the use of wood grain imprinted Aluminum composite panels. The developers also plan to lace the interiors of the hotel and entertainment building with African elements applied in a Scandinavian themed style.