About The Road To Universal Health Coverage In Africa: Sharing The Driver’s Seat With The Private Sector
The Resilient Africa Week (RAW2020) is a week-long virtual gathering whereby stakeholders in private and public sector from a variety of industries and disciplines across Africa and Overseas, come together for solution-focused discussion and debate on Africa’s resilience in face of Challenges. The RAW 2020 event brings together some of the best African speakers and industry thought leaders who will share their best advice, lessons learned and strategies in spotting African opportunities during a Crisis
The virtual event would be based on “focused panel session implementation-style” where each panel session is a mini-event.
Key Discussion Areas:
- Introduction and a brief overview of the Road to UHC in Africa: Historical view of public financing models
- Discuss the challenges and lessons learnt from the demand-pull factors: User access (funding) acceptance (perception) and availability (provision models: number and distribution of facilities, types of healthcare delivery models) within the PHC health care delivery,
- Discuss the challenges of supply-pull factors: Sustainably Improving quality and making attractive of PHC services, Pricing appropriately,
- Does the Private Sector have a role to play in the PHC system in the road to UHC? Why are we resorting to this source of funding and turning away from the public sector?
- Solutions and recommendations
Date & Time
June 25, 2020
11:00 am WAT