- Name: Ibom Specialist Hospital;
- Location: Ekit Itam, Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom;
- Developers/Client: Akwa Ibom State Government;
- Beds: 308;
- Main Contractor: Messrs Ghito;
- MEP: NAIRDA;
- Equipment Supply: JNC International;
- Operator: First Cardiology Consultants and MedConnect Management Consultants (UAE);
- Commencement Date: Q4:2015.
The Ibom Specialist Hospital is an ultra modern, 308 bed specialist hospital in the Ekit Itam Industrial Area of Akwa Ibom state. This hospital makes use of expat doctors and is currently being operated by First Cardiology Consultants and MedConnect Management Consultants with equipment supplied by JNC International. It was commissioned by the former Governor of Akwa Ibom state, Godswill Akpabio, and completed in Q4:2015.
Earlier this year, the Federal Government through its Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole explained that they would be partnering with the Akwa Ibom Government to discourage Nigerians from seeking medical treatment abroad through use of this facility.