- Name: Tropicana Mall, Uyo;
- Location: Along Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo – Akwa Ibom State;
- Levels: 2;
- Size (Gross Leasable Area): 8,000sqm;
- Use: Retail – Shopping Centre;
- Developers: Tropicana Mall Development Company Limited;
- Architects: LYT Architecture;
- Bulk Earth Work Contractor: Lanocks Construction Company Limited;
- Expected Commencement Date: Q2:2018;
- Expected Completion: Q2:2019;
- Parking Bays: 683 Bays;
- Project Manager: Pro-M Limited;
- Structural Engineers: ARUP;
- Mechanical & Electrical: Pro-M Limited;
- Quantity Surveyor: FOAB & Partners;
- Legal Advisers: – Axioms Solicitors;
- Leasing Agents: Cushman &Wakefield Excellerate and Tehila Synergy Limited.
This is a Broker sponsored post compiled by Cushman & Wakefield Excellerate, a leading trusted provider of fully integrated, self-performing property solutions that deliver quality, cost-effective results.
The Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre, which was originally developed in 2011 by the Akwa Ibom State Government is being regenerated to become ‘Tropicana Mall’, a centre that will provide a modern one-stop shopping experience offering approximately 8,000m² of retail and recreation. This project, backed by the Tropicana Mall Development Company Limited, is scheduled to open for trade Q2:2019. It includes Shoprite as its anchor tenant, Silverbird Cinemas which is currently operational along with other line shops catering for fashion, health, and beauty, food court, restaurant, cafes as well as specialist retailing and children’s entertainment for the family.
Akwa Ibom state is located in the South-South geopolitical zone and is bordered on the east by Cross River State, on the west by Rivers State and Abia State, and on the south by the Atlantic Ocean. With a population of over five million people, the state was created in 1987 from the former Cross River State and is said to be the highest oil and gas producing state in the country. The state’s capital is Uyo, with over 500,000 inhabitants. Akwa Ibom has an airport and two major seaports on the Atlantic Ocean with a proposed construction of a world-class seaport Ibaka Seaport at Oron. The state also boasts of a 30,000-seat sports complex shaped like the Allianz Arena stadium. Akwa Ibom state is also home to the Ibom E-Library, a world-class information centre. The city boasts several recreational areas including Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre now Tropicana Mall, Ibom connection popularly known as Ibom Plaza, the prestigious Le Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort, Discovery Park, a green recreational park known as Love Garden etc. Uyo is a fast-growing city, as it has witnessed some infrastructural growth in the past nine years.
Tropicana Mall, Uyo is available for letting inquiries from potential tenants/retailers. Available spaces range between 29m²– 300m². Get in touch with Cushman & Wakefield Excellerate using the contact details at the bottom of this page or you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.