- Name: The Exchange;
- Location: 7 Acre site close to Kotoka International Airport, Accra – Ghana;
- Use: Mixed Use:
- Residential – 100 Apartments & Penthouses (1, 2 and 3 bedrooms);
- Hospitality – 206 room Radisson Blu;
- Office – 16,000m2
- Retail – 12,000m2
- Developer: Actis, Mabani Holdings;
- Contractor: MSF Construction;
- Project Manager: Profica;
- Executive Architect: Dar Al-Handasah;
- Design Architect: HOK;
- Farrow Laing: Quantity Surveyors;
- Expected Completion: July 2018.
The Exchange is a mixed-use real estate project being developed in Accra, Ghana that will include retail, hospitality, office and residential elements. It is being developed by Actis in partnership with Mabani Holdings, a Ghanaian real estate services company.
The project is located on a prime seven-acre site close to Kotoka International Airport and will be the first African project to receive the EDGE certification, an ‘innovation‘ by the IFC that helps developers design green & sustainable buildings.
According to the developer:
- The retail segment will offer 12,000m2 of retail space and is said to be anchored by South African retailer Pick ‘n Pay.
- The 200-room hotel will be branded Radisson Blu, and operated by the Carlson Rezidor group which owns the hotel chain.
- The office segment will be divided into two buildings, offering a total of 16,000m2 of office space.
- 100 prime apartments and penthouses.