Article and Photos Updated: 17th August 2016;
- Name: Kingsway Tower;
- Location: Ikoyi – Kingsway Road (Alfred Rewane Way);
- Size: ±12,000sqm (Estimate);
- Use: Mixed Use – Office with Ground Floor Retail/Restaurants;
- Engineers: Sutherland Engineers;
- Developers: Sky View Towers Limited;
- Architects: SAOTA – Stefan Antoni Olmesdahl Truen Architects;
- Expected Completion: 2017;
- Parking: Basement and Surface Parking Available.
Kingsway Tower is yet another aesthetically pleasing high rise building in the busy commercial node of Lagos comprising offices, ground floor retail, restaurants and basement parking. The mixed use theme of this building is in keeping with the new trend being seen in many new developments in Lagos expected in the coming years. It is located on the corner of Glover Road and Alfred Rewane Road (formerly Kingsway Road) with completion anticipated during 2017. (See where the property is located on the Real Estate Maps tool).
The project will join other Kingsway Road commercial office projects like Heritage Place, Alliance Place and Temple Tower, BAT Rising Sun as well as some other hospitality projects such as the Chelsea Group Hotel. According to the site board, the developer for the project is Sky View Towers Limited.
While there has not been any indication that the building will meet sustainable standards, the building’s façade and design demonstrate that it will have green features. See how this development will interact with others in our analysis of new developments on Kingsway Road and Ozumba Mbadiwe Road.
Progress on site is moving rapidly as the contractors have seemingly reached the top. Glass cladding for the building is currently being placed.
Heritage Place and Kingsway Tower, Alfred Rewane Road – Ikoyi